This week I want to introduce you to the third blog contributor. You already know Raquel Gargallo, who talks about coaching and Eva M. Yangüela, who deals with issues related to human resources . I believe that another of the basic aspects to ensure the success of your projects is communication .
That’s why we’re going to have Amparo Cervantes. She is a journalist and has developed her professional career in the field of corporate communication and marketing. Today we will discover the 10 keys to communicate effectively with your customers .
How many times does it happen that when a company arrives at the state of its facilities or how does the person in front of you speak to you, it conditions what they offer you?
In the era of communication , we sometimes forget that not only the web , my social networks or my logo communicate n … so many other things do not always pay the attention we should.
And I’m not referring to having a communication macro plan – just something from big companies and multinationals – but something much simpler: to be attentive to all the inputs that my target audiences receive. And the latter is within the reach of the smallest SME.
Therefore, I have developed a Decalogue of the 10 things to take into account to communicate effectively with our customers . With these recommendations, any SME can carve out an excellent image in the network:
1. Let’s be clear: Everything communicates . From where I install my office and how it is, how I saw it and what attitude it shows who answers the phone of the company, to my logo, presentations and how to sell my products / services. Pay special attention to the image we want to give and be consistent with it in all the channels we use.
2. We must know the client well in order to know how to capture his attention: Cramming the clients and potentials of mails, offers, and promotions can cause the opposite effect to the one we are looking for. It’s better little and good than a lot and bad. Sometimes, this we forget.
3. Segment, segment and segment : That is, we must be able to offer each client what they really want. And if for that we must sit down with some of our clients, we do not hesitate to do it: it will help us to know them better and therefore, to guess much more in what we offer them.
4. Appropriate use of social networks : Nowadays, any company can have a presence in social networks in a few hours. Well, we must be able to use them properly. In networks, it is not always better. It is important to select in which networks we are, with what kind of presence and who will be the person in charge of managing them. The manager of the company, concerned about moving the business forward, can not be the community manager of the company. And neither is his cousin, who has just done a course on social networks. Let’s look for a professional to whom, for example, we can remunerate for objectives.
5. Our customers often need incentives to buy. The fall in consumption in general makes us more reluctant to spend. However, if what we have before us is a promotion, everything changes.
6. It is better to keep a client than to receive a new one and also, we already know him. It is important not to forget it. Investing communication efforts to get to know a customer better, who has already bought us, will always be more profitable than looking for a new one.
7. The web is our presentation card in the network. It must be a true reflection of how we are and what our philosophy is. Let’s be clean, clear and brief. Do not forget that 70% of the visitors of our website will not go from the home page. There must be everything important to capture the attention of our potential client.
8. Communicate with objectives: Let’s not launch to communicate without more. Let’s set some previous objectives, which we will constantly review, and which must be realistic. And of course, a medium term: communication needs a minimum time of maturation.
9. Facing criticism and negative comments and not hiding from them is essential for our image to be credible. Open a Facebook page and not meet the requests of our customers, transmits a disastrous image. Let’s recognize that we can not do everything right.
10. Not communicating also communicates: the company that does not say anything, does not answer when asked (online, out of network or by any channel), is also communicating.